There are many benefits associated with replacing old, inefficient windows. Many people decide to undertake a window replacement project due to their current windows looking worn or simply not performing as they should. This is something that happens to all windows eventually and can lead to a variety of problems such as excessive air penetration, cracks and leaks. In Canada, windows are under constant attack from the elements. During the summer months they are subjected to excessive sunlight and heat whilst the winter months, particularly in locations such as Scarborough, Markham, Richmond Hill and Durham, bring the threat of snow, ice and rain. It is advisable to assess window installations thoroughly after any adverse weather to ensure their condition hasn’t deteriorated.
Problems that Could Make a Window Replacement Project Necessary
Before making the decision to invest in a window replacement project, homeowners should consider whether it’s necessary. There are number of warning signs that indicate that your current windows are in need of replacement, which we’re going to discuss below.
- Air Flowing Through – Old windows lose their efficiency rapidly with regards to letting air inside the home. If a noticeable draught or breeze can be felt whilst in close proximity to your windows, it is imperative that a window replacement project is considered.
- Energy Bills Skyrocketing – Excessive air entering the home can have a noticeable impact on energy bills. During the colder times of the year, heating costs can rise sharply due to the need to provide extra heat inside the home. In these situations, a window replacement is a good long term investment.
- Unable to Protect Your Home – Security is a major concern for the majority of people. Old windows can become broken and easily manipulated, which could allow intruders to access to your property.
- Moisture Inside Your Home – Leaks and cracks in the window frames can result in water entering the home which could result in water damage to the inside of the property and the development of mold and mildew.
- Outside Noises Making Their Way Inside – If your windows are particularly old they may be single-glazed and will not reduce noise pollution from outside. A property located on a busy street will invariably have problems with outside noise penetrating the home itself. In addition to this, single-glazed windows are not as secure or as efficient as their double or triple-glazed counterparts.
- The Appearance of Your Home – From a cosmetic perspective, a window replacement project will dramatically improve the appearance of your property. This will also result in the property value increasing substantially.
- Broken Seals on Your Windows – In relation to double and triple-glazed windows, condensation between the glass can cause a build up of water and damage to other aspects of your property.
- Become Awkward to Use – Old windows can become difficult to open and close due to the loss of alignment over time. This can be a problem for the elderly in particular.
Experienced, professional window companies like Superior Home Improvements can provide advice and assistance to anyone considering a window replacement project. Our experts can come out to your property before suggesting the most effective solution for your situation, which is invariably a vinyl windows installation. Contact us today on 416-287-0333 to arrange a free consultation.
Contact us for Toronto window replacements questions