Window frames are a common casualty in adverse weather conditions, such as those encountered in the GTA, which is why it is important to choose replacement windows very carefully. Hot, humid summers, bitterly cold winters, and an average annual rainfall of more than 780 mm can wreak havoc on many types of materials that are commonly used in the construction of window frames but fortunately there is one category of window units that can stand up to these conditions with ease: vinyl-framed windows.
Why Vinyl Window Replacement in Richmond Hill Is the Ideal Low Maintenance Solution
There are several very good reasons that vinyl window frames perform so well in the Canadian climate and, in particular, in the Greater Toronto Area.
- No Warping – The constant changes in humidity and temperature that we experience during the average year can cause wooden frames to warp over time, sometimes severely. Vinyl, on the other hand, will not warp whatever the weather has in store, which means your replacement windows will look good for many years to come if you choose to install this particular type.
- No Rotting – Timber frames also have the unfortunate habit of rotting, especially when they are not properly cared for. Regular refinishing is required to avoid this eventuality and this level of maintenance is something that many homeowners would prefer to avoid. If you are one of these people, vinyl window replacement in Richmond Hill could be just what you need.
- No Peeling – The surfaces of both aluminum and wooden frames that are painted will peel over time, something you never have to worry about when installing vinyl-framed windows in your property. Because the factory finish is so good, there is no need to do anything with them before the installation process begins.
- Non-Corrosive – Aluminum frames will corrode over time but if you should decide to invest in high quality vinyl window replacement in Richmond Hill, you will not have to worry about your frames corroding at any time in the future.
- Energy Efficient – All well-manufactured vinyl window units are awarded an energy star rating, in acknowledgement of their excellent insulating properties. If you would like to save money on both your summer cooling and your winter heating costs, they are the obvious choice.
As you can see, there are a number of very good reasons that so many homeowners in this part of the world choose vinyl over the commonly available alternatives. If you are interested in upgrading the exterior appearance of your home and you would like to be sure your investment will not be wasted, we can highly recommend vinyl window replacement for Richmond Hill properties.
For further information on the range of replacement windows that we have to offer, please feel free to call us on 416 287 0333. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, and to provide you with a competitive quotation if desired.